Friday, November 30, 2007

Gifts


I've been working on Gift items lately. My aunt ordered 5 sets of cards to give as gifts and these are the first of them. I know the recipients and it's still hard to have ideas. This one, I know she likes Cows, so I went with TAC's What's Moo! set. I love coloring so this was fun. However, matching the colors with the DP I picked was harder! LOL... I think the DP was in my stash and it didn't have a name on the back. I used some light green Bazzill and then Groovy Guava from SU!. The ribbon was from my share, and then the brads I got as a gift. I think they are Making Memories.

So I have one set done and packaged up - 4 more to go! LOL...

Then I've also had to work on a Birthday gift. I know the recipient reads this but it's in the mail and I also know she'll rip it open as soon as she gets it!! She can never wait!! LOL...

This shows the cards packaged already and they are all similar to this one...a little variation on each one to make them special. I've been wanting to try a Monogram set for some time, so I tried it here. The *L* is actually a stamp from my Quickutz. When I got my QK it came with some stamping foam and rockers {think acrylic blocks that rock back and forth} and tells you how to die cut your own stamps. Super cool huh? So I can create my own word stamps!

That's what I've been up to. It's bitter cold so I plan to stay in and work on some more sets. Stay tuned for them and maybe some more fun cards!!

Have a super weekend - TGIF!!!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

You know, Katie...my name starts with 'L' and you missed my birthday so maybe you could redirect it to me?!? LOL! I'm just kidding! The recipient of both gifts will just LOVE them! :o)

Anonymous said...

My birthday is coming up, and I am VERY guilty of ripping things open as soon as they get here. Whoever is getting this gift will love it very much! Hmmmmmm... Lindsey

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Hits since January 18th, 2007

Labels