Thursday, January 11, 2007

One year ago today...

One year ago today, I remember it to be more icy. A little wind, and cold. Kind of like today. I remember I was folding clothes in my bedroom when the phone rang.

I remember because life changed that day.

It is so hard to believe that it has been one year since Greg's accident. I know that for awhile time really stood still. But at the same time we knew that we were still going to be alright. We talked about the peace we had last night in Bible Study. It was weird. I don't think that many people knew how Greg and I were able to be so calm. But I knew that God was in control, and He would take care of us. And he really has.

We have had such a wild ride in the last 365 days. It's been bumpy, it's been sad, it's been fun. It's been life. And really it taught us not to expect anything. You never know what it's going to bring.

I don't think we are really going to celebrate much today. It's a cold, windy day, and we are just going to hang out. I think that is one of the best things about our life now. We get every day to hang out with the kids and play. It's been so nice. Greg and I have really grown together and we enjoy being a family that can just BE. It's awesome.

We appreciate the support that we have had this last year, and the people who have really stepped up and helped out. It's been so great. We have said Thank you a Billion times and that is still not nearly enough.

God is good. Our life has been so blessed through Him.

No comments:

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Hits since January 18th, 2007

Labels