Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pop a Top

Isn't this a cute can? I love it. We made this last week at Stamp Club. It's a fruit cocktail can, the kind that has the pop tops. They are opened from the bottom with a easy open can opener. Then enjoy the fruit cocktail *wink* and clean it out well. Decorate! Everything we used was from Stampin' Up! and to do this one, we used Gable Green paper as the background and stamped the images on Whisper White. I used the new Delight in Life set (mine's on it's way here!) The flowers were inked with Ruby Red and the saying in Black. I also made the cute tag with the new tag punches from the SU! Winter Mini. Then stamped with the small flower from Delight in Life and the words from the Tagger's Dozen. Then we filled them with candy and glued the bottom on. A note about that is the other girls thought the candy would be no good if we used that nasty smelling glue. I think that if you use a hot glue gun, it should work OK or you could put your candy in a baggie first. But you could put other things in there, like gloves or socks or something.

I am going to make these for RC to take as Valentines to school. I'll look at the new Walmart next week for some fun things to put inside.

1 comment:

Kendra Hernandez said...

katie - these are really cute, I have thought about trying them - I don't know why I haven't yet. Great job! :)

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Hits since January 18th, 2007

Labels